DXS supplied the prestigious Carnegie Vanguard High School in Houston with a new HVAC system focused on energy efficiency and humidity control. Three Munters 100% dedicated outdoor air units were installed to regulate humidity and properly handle the outside air. A Daikin VRV system was installed for its maximum efficiency and comfort control capabilities. The combination of the two systems allows for the creation of sensible loads, making it extremely energy efficient and able to deliver controlled temperatures to the classrooms. The system utilizes 150 Tons of Daikin VRV with about 18,000 CFM of outside air delivered by Munters desiccant dehumidifiers.
HISD Carnegie Vanguard High School
- Project Location: Houston, TX
- Owner/Client: Houston ISD
- Project Description:
Education Key Considerations
School district facilities planners and maintenance personnel plus the design team who support them are tasked with developing and maintaining usable, comfortable buildings that promote learning. They must do this across the country under the scrutiny of school districts determined to spend every bond and tax revenue dollar wisely.
The DXS team understands the pressures under which school district personnel operate and we’ve helped alleviate much of that pressure. From our work with facilities planners and architects, we know that energy is one of the largest line items in a school budget. That’s where we can help. We design low-maintenance VRF air conditioning systems that reduce HVAC energy costs 20 to 50 percent.
- Systems that reduce HVAC energy costs by 20 to 50 percent
- Opportunity to reduce overall building construction cost
- Straightforward maintenance facilities crews can easily manage
- Reduced maintenance costs compared to split-system or chilled water systems
- Reduced mechanical space
- Designs that accommodate space restrictions of prior systems
- Ability to handle temperature control for dozens of small spaces
- Energy efficient
- Robust training program for facilities maintenance personnel
- DXS onsite at five key junctures: onsite training prior to installation, quality control checks during installation, during start-up, 30 days after commissioning for building owner verification, and ongoing training for staff
- Fast, dependable service and maintenance support after installation
- Complete inventory of parts and equipment