Pearl Brewery in San Antonio was one of DXS’s first large projects. This project was unique in that it was a first for both Core and Shell Construction using the VRF system in Texas. As the basis of design, DXS provided 400 tons of Daikin VRV/VRF units serving various spaces in the facility such as apartments, restaurants, bars, retail and meeting rooms. The outdoor heat pumps were installed during the Shell Construction phase. During the finish out, the indoor units were chosen per each tenant’s needs and tapped on to their existing outdoor unit. This resulted in a flexible, cost effective tenant finish out. The highly efficient VRV/VRF system help earn the building a LEED status.
Pearl Brewery Development
- Project Location: San Antonio, TX
- Owner/Client: Silver Ventures
- Project Description:
Retail & Office Key Considerations
Architects and engineers working in the retail and professional office building markets consistently face the same scenario: the ever-changing need to reconfigure tenant space. As businesses change, their space requirements can fluctuate wildly. They move, they expand, they downsize. And because they do, DXS works alongside architects, engineers and owners to design VRF systems that can be configured – and reconfigured – to meet on-going and changing tenant HVAC requirements.
- Opportunity to reduce overall building construction cost
- Designed as a modular system to any specifications required by the project
- System is easily reconfigured after installation
- Tight temperature controls of multiple zones for multiple tenants
- Experienced staff and products that have the ability to interface with a wide variety of control systems
- DXS onsite at five key junctures: onsite training prior to installation, quality control checks during installation, during start-up, 30 days after commissioning for building owner verification, and ongoing training for staff
- Fast, dependable service and maintenance support after installation
- Complete inventory of parts and equipment locally stocked