HTS Appoints Six Principals to Lead Continued Growth in North American Commercial HVAC Market
HTS, the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ representative in North America, recently named six new principals from its Ontario and Texas offices to lead the company’s continued growth in North America.
In the past 12 months, HTS Ontario and HTS Texas combined have:
- experienced 21 percent year-over-year revenue growth
- increased the number of projects by 15 percent
- added 75 employees
- launched the HTS Airside Products Group and FIT Building Solutions to enable building owners to better manage long-term costs of their mechanical systems
- opened three HVAC parts stores, and
- more than doubled the square footage in several of its locations to accommodate the demand for energy-efficient HVAC solutions and provide state-of-the art training to clients.
In recent years, HTS Ontario and HTS Texas have received numerous industry awards. Since 2011, HTS Ontario has maintained its designation as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. HTS Texas and sister company – DXS Texas, have been named to the Houston Business Journal’s 2010, 2012 and 2013 Aggie 100 List. Additionally, the San Antonio office of HTS Texas received the 2012 Daikin Pinnacle Award.
“These newly named principals have significantly contributed to the success of HTS, and their appointment is pivotal to our long-term growth strategy,” said Paul Pilutti, director of operations for HTS Ontario, which has long dominated market share in the province. “We have been very successful providing reliable, high efficiency HVAC solutions that help building owners achieve the best indoor air quality, while reducing operational costs and energy consumption. These proven leaders’ years of dedication and experience, combined with an understanding of the unique and enviable HTS culture, will help ensure the company’s continued exceptional growth rate.”
The new principals are:
- Paul Povolo – senior sales engineer in the engineering department of the Toronto office. Povolo has an active role in growing the Ontario sheet metal market share. Under his leadership, the Toronto sheet metal department doubled its size in 2013 by expanding both contracting and engineering services. Devoted to delivering Real Success®, Povolo dedicates his time to HTS’ internal mentoring and leadership programs.
- James Breckenridge – heads the automation & control department throughout Ontario. Since joining the controls group in 1996, Breckenridge has grown the department by tenfold. He is integral to the business development of the IT solutions group and leads HTS’ Intelligent Building initiative.
- Terry Arcese – serves as a mentor for junior sales engineers. Arcese also assists with HTS’ engineer recruitment program and chairs the Employee Stock Ownership Plan committee. He will continue his role as engineering sales manager in London, Ontario, along with other leadership roles.
- Jason Kitchen – branch manager of Ottawa and Sudbury, Ontario offices. He has been with HTS since 1995 and was instrumental in opening and expanding the Ottawa office to include equipment sales, parts, controls and service departments.
- Mike Donovan – president of HTS Texas. Donovan joined the company in 2002 and has incorporated market-changing, innovative concepts and customer service enabling HTS Texas to grow from a start-up to gross revenues of $113 million in 2013, as well as expanding into six cities across the state.
- Thomas McLaughlin – principal of Direct Expansion Solutions (DXS), a sister company of HTS Texas that specializes in variable refrigerant flow (VRF) implementation and design. Under McLaughlin’s leadership, DXS has experienced compounded annual revenue growth of 57 percent and increased project wins from 30 in 2007 to 400 in 2013.
HTS is the largest independent commercial HVAC manufacturers’ representatives in North America. The company represents more than 100 HVAC suppliers and has close to 600 employees in 16 cities across Canada and the United States. Delivering Real Success® to all involved in its projects, HTS provides HVAC and refrigeration solutions to commercial, institutional, residential and industrial markets that represent leading manufacturers such as Daikin AC, Daikin Applied and Haakon Industries. For more information about HTS, visit http://www.htseng.com. For HTS Ontario, go to http://ontario.htseng.com. For HTS Texas go to http://texas.htseng.com or connect via LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+.
For more information about DXS, visit www.DXSeng.com.