DXS now hiring: Technical Assistant in Houston
Position: Technical Assistant
Location: Houston, TX
The Technical Assistant will work as part of a team which will be responsible for managing multiple projects with the ability to estimate new jobs. This position requires the ability to be highly organized and communicate clearly with customers both internally and externally. He or she will independently perform required duties located in an office environment with occasional visits to jobsite, DXS customers, and vendors.
• Provides estimations and technical support for the sales of applied systems to consulting engineers and mechanical contractors
• Submittal preparation and tracking
• Equipment selections to meet specification and project requirements
• Keep pace with DXS software bid, purchase, and track equipment status
• Ordering from and communicating with vendors
• Provide progress reports to customers of equipment ship dates
• Working knowledge of MEP Consulting, Architecture, Design, CAD, General and Mechanical Contracting, Engineering or Construction industry a plus.
• Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office 2007 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
The job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive job duties of the position. The Technical Assistant will follow and perform other instructions and other related duties as set forth by management.
Medical, Dental, Vision, L/S Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K, and paid vacation and holidays.
DXS holds its employees in high regard and has proven to provide them job security, on-the-job-training, continuing education and promotes cross training. The result is an employee who has mutual respect for the work of their peers and is challenged to try new skills and expand their qualifications. DXS will provide you with more than a job, the opportunity for a great career.
To send your resume, please contact Mitch Hutchinson.