The historic Childress Courthouse in Childress, Texas, had no existing HVAC system. The brick walls and lack of duct work space prevented the facility from having a conventional air conditioning system and a WSHP system was too expensive for the government’s budget. DXS was able to provide a cost-effective solution with the installation of 40-tons of Daikin VRV/VRF heat pump systems. The VRV/VRF system proved to be the best option from first cost and will provide the courthouse with future energy savings as well.
- Project Location: Childress, TX
- Owner/Client: Childress, TX
- Project Description:
Government Key Considerations
Police stations, county court buildings, city halls, fire stations and libraries – these are just some of the structures city, county and federal governments build, operate and maintain. And more often than not, local municipalities expect these buildings to last for decades, if not a century or more. Faced with retrofitting these aging buildings, engineers and architects working on local government projects today are increasingly turning to VRF air conditioning systems.
DXS provides engineers and architects with VRF designs that cater to the tight confines of older buildings while also meeting new energy efficiency and ventilation standards. On top of that, VRF systems make it possible to give tighter temperature control over multiple small zones. Making dozens of office workers happy at the same time with the same system – now that’s a maintenance manager’s dream.
- Small mechanical footprint makes VRF systems ideal for retrofit projects
- High energy-efficiency meets more stringent energy conservation guidelines
- Opportunity to reduce overall building construction cost
- Individual temperature control of smaller zones accommodates the needs of multiple users
- Robust training program provided for maintenance managers and personnel
- Experienced staff and products that have the ability to interface with a wide variety of control systems
- DXS onsite at five key junctures: onsite training prior to installation, quality control checks during installation, during start-up, 30 days after commissioning for building owner verification, and ongoing training for staff
- Fast, dependable service and maintenance support provided after installation
- Complete inventory of parts and equipment