For the new Comerica Bank in Austin, the owner wanted a flexible yet efficient HVAC system that was ideal for zoning. DXS was chosen as the basis of design and provided the facility a Daikin VRV heat pump with six ducted air handlers. The system ensures an efficiently cooled building based on the occupancy, making it comfortable for patrons and employees while still reducing energy costs.
- Project Location: Austin, TX
- Owner/Client: Comerica Bank
- Project Description:
Retail & Office Key Considerations
Architects and engineers working in the retail and professional office building markets consistently face the same scenario: the ever-changing need to reconfigure tenant space. As businesses change, their space requirements can fluctuate wildly. They move, they expand, they downsize. And because they do, DXS works alongside architects, engineers and owners to design VRF systems that can be configured – and reconfigured – to meet on-going and changing tenant HVAC requirements.
- Opportunity to reduce overall building construction cost
- Designed as a modular system to any specifications required by the project
- System is easily reconfigured after installation
- Tight temperature controls of multiple zones for multiple tenants
- Experienced staff and products that have the ability to interface with a wide variety of control systems
- DXS onsite at five key junctures: onsite training prior to installation, quality control checks during installation, during start-up, 30 days after commissioning for building owner verification, and ongoing training for staff
- Fast, dependable service and maintenance support after installation
- Complete inventory of parts and equipment locally stocked