Lifeworks is a non-profit organization in Austin focused on helping families and youth become self-sufficient. They offer several services including housing, education, counseling and youth development benefitting thousands of clients each year. Selected as the basis of design, DXS provided six Daikin heat recovery systems, one Daikin VRV/VRF heat pump, 42 indoor fan coil units and an iTouch controls system. The new 102-ton HVAC system was selected for its high-efficiency and ability to vary loads in small spaces.
- Project Location: Austin, TX
- Owner/Client: Lifeworks
- Project Description:
Non-Profit Key Considerations
Unlike other markets, buildings in the non-profit sector don’t fit into a tidy framework. They might be professional office buildings, multi-family structures, former city or county offices or even an old school. Rather than a structural or user challenge , the need to reduce operating costs and renovate existing buildings remains consistent with our non-profit clients. We appreciate their budget constraints and work with them to install and maintain VRF air conditioning systems that offer superior AC and heating while keeping their energy bills low.
- Energy efficient system lowers on-going energy costs
- Opportunity to reduce overall building construction cost
- Energy and cost models that can help secure grants and government funding
- DXS onsite at five key junctures: onsite training prior to installation, quality control checks during installation, during start-up, 30 days after commissioning for building owner verification, and ongoing training for staff
- Fast, dependable service and maintenance support after installation
- Complete inventory of parts and equipment stocked locally