The two main goals of this project were to provide an energy efficient, low maintenance system to help condition the building, and have products built in America. DXS selected four VRV-IV units as basis of design, two heat recovery and two heat pump units, for a complete heating and cooling package.
Otis ANGB Building 197
- Project Location: Buzzards Bay, MA
- Owner/Client: Otis National Guard Base
- Project Description:
Military Key Considerations
DXS specializes in helping military engineering departments retrofit aging facilities with 21st century AC systems that meet the government’s high energy efficiency standards.
Many military bases have large and sprawling buildings constructed for simpler times – buildings with space constraints and minimal electrical infrastructure. These are the kinds of structures where VRF systems, with their small mechanical footprints, shine.
Because of our experience retrofitting military buildings, our DXS team is adept at navigating the federal government’s procurement process. From the initial bid to on-going maintenance, we work closely with the base engineering department to adhere to government policies and procedures every step of the way.
- Small mechanical footprint makes VRF systems ideal for retrofit projects
- High energy efficiency meets new federal energy conservation guidelines
- Opportunity to reduce overall building construction cost
- Team experienced in navigating federal government procurement policies and procedures
- Robust training program for military maintenance personnel
- DXS onsite at five key junctures: onsite training prior to installation, quality control checks during installation, during start-up, 30 days after commissioning for building owner verification, and ongoing training for staff
- Fast, dependable service and maintenance support after installation
- Complete inventory of parts and equipment