DXS has worked on many successful K-12 projects before, and this reputation combined with our local stocking of equipment eliminated any scheduling worries the owners had. As basis of design, we equipped the new school with 6 tons of VRV Dedicated Outdoor Air, which provide tempered make-up air to meet minimum ventilation requirements for classrooms at a budget friendly dollar per CFM.
Thrall ISD High School
- Project Location: Thrall, TX
- Owner/Client: Thrall ISD
- Project Description:
Education Key Considerations
School district facilities planners and maintenance personnel plus the design team who support them are tasked with developing and maintaining usable, comfortable buildings that promote learning. They must do this across the country under the scrutiny of school districts determined to spend every bond and tax revenue dollar wisely.
The DXS team understands the pressures under which school district personnel operate and we’ve helped alleviate much of that pressure. From our work with facilities planners and architects, we know that energy is one of the largest line items in a school budget. That’s where we can help. We design low-maintenance VRF air conditioning systems that reduce HVAC energy costs 20 to 50 percent.
- Systems that reduce HVAC energy costs by 20 to 50 percent
- Opportunity to reduce overall building construction cost
- Straightforward maintenance facilities crews can easily manage
- Reduced maintenance costs compared to split-system or chilled water systems
- Reduced mechanical space
- Designs that accommodate space restrictions of prior systems
- Ability to handle temperature control for dozens of small spaces
- Energy efficient
- Robust training program for facilities maintenance personnel
- DXS onsite at five key junctures: onsite training prior to installation, quality control checks during installation, during start-up, 30 days after commissioning for building owner verification, and ongoing training for staff
- Fast, dependable service and maintenance support after installation
- Complete inventory of parts and equipment