For the Fort Sam Houston Building 1000, the US government required decentralized HVAC systems capable of 24/7 operation that would allow them to turn off their main chilled water system during unoccupied times. DXS was chosen as the basis of design to complete the project goals. Daikin heat recovery units with ductless cassettes, wall mounts and ducted concealed AHUs were provided. The entire system is controlled by the base BMS via a BMS gateway. The new units operate efficiently at all times of the day, resulting in lower energy consumption and costs.
Fort Sam Houston
- Project Location: San Antonio, TX
- Owner/Client: United States Federal Government
- Project Description:
Military Key Considerations
DXS specializes in helping military engineering departments retrofit aging facilities with 21st century AC systems that meet the government’s high energy efficiency standards.
Many military bases have large and sprawling buildings constructed for simpler times – buildings with space constraints and minimal electrical infrastructure. These are the kinds of structures where VRF systems, with their small mechanical footprints, shine.
Because of our experience retrofitting military buildings, our DXS team is adept at navigating the federal government’s procurement process. From the initial bid to on-going maintenance, we work closely with the base engineering department to adhere to government policies and procedures every step of the way.
- Small mechanical footprint makes VRF systems ideal for retrofit projects
- High energy efficiency meets new federal energy conservation guidelines
- Opportunity to reduce overall building construction cost
- Team experienced in navigating federal government procurement policies and procedures
- Robust training program for military maintenance personnel
- DXS onsite at five key junctures: onsite training prior to installation, quality control checks during installation, during start-up, 30 days after commissioning for building owner verification, and ongoing training for staff
- Fast, dependable service and maintenance support after installation
- Complete inventory of parts and equipment